The Black Woods story begins in 1994, when we set out to become the restaurant of choice in our area. Our key to success would be in preserving the casual charm of a small town cafe while providing a level of sophistication found in upscale restaurants. Black Woods on the Lake opened in 1997, with a breathtaking view of Lake Superior!
Our mission is to provide our guests with a full-service, sophisticated dining experience in a casual, friendly, neighborhood atmosphere. We strive to make everyone feel welcome.
Happy Hour Daily 3-6pm
From quick lunches to full dinners, we have your favorites!
- SEAFOOD – North Atlantic Planked Salmon, Walleye
prepared three ways, Shrimp and more
- APPETIZERS – Coconut shrimp, Quesidillas,
Breaded Walleye strips...
- PIZZA – Baked in our wood-fired oven
- ROTISSERIE CHICKEN – Several dishes to choose from, including
Wild Irish and Original served with garlic salt & pepper
- SALADS – Fresh greens and generous portions
- SANDWICHES – Choose from a wide variety, including our famous
Reuben and the sensational Blackjack Chicken
- BURGERS – Black Woods Bacon Cheeseburger, Famous Pepper Cheeseburger—Just to name a few...